Pukkelpop Forum Forum Pukkelpop Forum Forum
Leve Pukkelpop buiten het Pukkelpopseizoen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

since the World Series ended and Alex A

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Nieuws
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212
Shelteropener

BerichtGeplaatst: 20-12-2018 03:49:27    Onderwerp: since the World Series ended and Alex A Reageren met citaat

Its less than a week since the World Series ended and Alex Anthopoulos has already been the most visibly active of all the general managers. Cheap Air Jordan 9 . He may not stop at dealing Adam Lind for right-hander Marco Estrada of the Brewers, either. The most intriguing question is what, if anything, is Anthopoulos going to do with veteran lefty Mark Buehrle? Does he move him now, trade him at the deadline if the Jays are out of it or, knowing his value as a leader and a model of consistency, work towards an extension? I think we can rule out the third option. Buehrle will be 36 in spring training and has made gentle hints about retiring in the not too distant future. He is also going into the final year of his contract at $19 million. Buehrle has made 65 starts for the Blue Jays over the past two seasons. He has 25 wins and had has racked up over 200 innings both years, giving him a run of 14 years in a row of reaching that total. For a soon-to-be 36-year-old hurler, his trade value is probably at its peak. Buehrle gave up just 15 homers in 2014, his fewest in a season since his rookie year. His 3.39 ERA was his lowest since 2005 with the White Sox. If a trade was to be considered now, the Angels might be one of the suitors. They could use another veteran stabilizing arm to round out their rotation. Losing Garrett Richards to injury down the stretch exposed them from a depth standpoint and possibly cost them a shot at least at winning the American League title, if not the World Series. What could the Blue Jays get in return? Possibly veteran 2B Howie Kendrick, whos rumoured to be on the block and is heading into the final year of his deal at $9.5 million. Kendrick isnt the most adept at 2B, but he provides much more at the plate than the Jays received last year. Over nine seasons, all with the Halos, he has a .292 average and has knocked in fewer than 61 runs just once in the last six seasons. The Blue Jays might have to eat part of Buehrles contract or take on another player to make the numbers balance out. If the Blue Jays fancy themselves as contenders, though, the best option might be to keep Buehrle for now and see how things shake down by the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline. The demand for starting pitching could be even more intense by then. The Blue Jays other big money question mark is Jose Reyes. The Blue Jays owe their veteran shortstop $22 million per season in each of the next three years, plus a club-option year in 2018 worth another $22 million or, failing that, a $4 million buyout. Although still a decent contributor at the plate, Reyess range at short has diminished to be the point where he is bordering on being a liability in the field. Playing on artificial turf doesnt help him either. I can only think of three teams who might be interested in Reyes - the Yankees, the Dodgers and the Mets. The Yanks might want a marquee shortstop replacement for Derek Jeter. The Dodgers might be able to use him if Hanley Ramirez walks as a free agent and Reyes was a fan favourite and a star in his earlier stint with the Mets. The Dodgers would seem to make the most sense, since there are so seldom deals between clubs these days in the AL East and the Mets are still operating under the kind of budget that would probably preclude bringing back Reyes. The Dodgers angle has a possibly snag, as well. Los Angeles might insist on the Jays taking back the contract of one of their surplus outfielders, say Andre Ethier, but unless they lose Melky Cabrera to free agency, there would be no point in the Jays agreeing to that. Ethier can play all over the outfield and has a .285 career average to go with a pair of All-Star appearances, a Gold Glove and a Silver Slugger Award. He also turns 33 in April and has a contract nearly as hefty as Reyess and his numbers have dropped off the last two seasons, partly due to the overcrowded situation in the Dodgers outfielder. Ethier is owed $53.5 million over the next three seasons and then has a vesting option for 2018 worth $17.5 million or a $2.5 million dollar buyout. The Blue Jays could again broach the subject of Reyes moving to second base, but Jose was reluctant to do that in the past. The bottom line is, the Jays highest-paid position player and pitcher will likely remain with the club for awhile yet. -- The Arizona Fall League held its Fall Stars game on Sunday night. The East beat the West, 6-2, and the Blue Jays two representatives on the East squad made contributions. Dalton Pompey, who started in centre field and batted lead-off, hit a two-run triple in the second as part of a four-run frame (although, later on in the game, he made an error). Nineteen-year-old right-hander Roberto Osuna, whos highly touted by the organization, came on in the eighth inning, retired both batters he faced and was credited with a hold. The AFL can be a bit of a fast track to the Majors. A year ago, Marcus Stroman, Drew Hutchison and Aaron Sanchez all pitched there and all three went on to make significant contributions to the Blue Jays last season. -- Its great news that Paul Molitor is going to be the next manager of the Twins. At one point, I though the MVP of the 1993 World Series might become skipper of the Blue Jays, but getting the shot in his home state with the Twins is the best fit for Molly and his family. -- There is already talk that the smaller-market Royals may trade their star closer Greg Holland in a package to get a right fielder to replace Nori Aoki, who seems destined to leave as a free agent. Cheap Jordan 9 Free Shipping .7 million, one-year contract.The deal, announced Friday, includes a $50,000 performance bonus if the left-hander appears in 60 games. Wholesale Air Jordan 9 .com) - Coming off a pair of tough losses last week, the Syracuse Orange will try to put an end to their first losing skid of the season when they pay a visit to the Maryland Terrapins at the Comcast Center on Monday night in Atlantic Coast Conference action. http://www.cheapairjordan9.com/ . Carcillo was a little of both for New York in Game 3. Derek Stepan, Martin St. Louis, Dan Girardi and Carcillo scored goals, leading the Rangers to a 4-1 win over the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday night.David Goffin continued his giant-killing run at Indian Wells by beating former US Open champion Marin Cilic 7-6 6-2 in the quarter-finals. A day after knocking third seed Stan Wawrinka out, Goffin battled through to his first ATP Masters 1000 semi-final where he will meet Canadian Milos Raonic, a 7-5 6-3 victor over Frenchman Gael Monfils.Goffin saved 11 of 12 break points against Croatian Cilic before sealing the win in just over an hour-and-a-half and declared himself ready to take on another big server. Its good that in tennis you can find some solution against big players like Marin or Milos or (John) Isner, the 25-year-old said.Maybe Im quicker. I think I can take the ball earlier. I have other weapons. Thats why tennis is a nice sport.Im really happy with the way I managed the important points... it was the key of the match, to win the first set, and to be more relaxed in the second.After being forced to fighting off four set points in the opening set, Goffin took the tie-break 7-4 and then broke 10th seed Cilics serve twice in the second set.I was on my baseline and I was making him run a lot, said the Belgian, who has won two ATP titles.When I had the opportunity on his second serve, I was really aggressive, so thats why it was a better second set.Raonic pounded out 10 aces to reach the semi-finals at Indian Wells for the second straight year. Highlights of the quarter-final between Milos Raonic and Gael Monfils from Indian Wells I did things well. Cheap Jordan 9 Retro. I created opportunities for myself, the 12th seed said.I served well and when I did get myself in trouble, I felt like it was me forcing the game. Those kind of things are positive and I stuck to it and it came together.Raonic relinquished an early break to Monfils in the first set but broke back in the 12th game to go 1-0 up and carried the momentum into the second set before serving out for the victory after 90 minutes. Milos Raonic will take on Goffin in the last four The Canadian was sidelined in February because of a groin injury that helped end his run in semi-finals of the Australian Open but is fully fit now and ready to take on Goffin.Hes playing well, said Raonic. If I do the right things I can give myself a chance. I think I have shown that this year, and I hope I can keep showing that. World No 1 Novak Djokovic will face Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Rafa Nadal takes on Kei Nishikori in the other quarter-final matches on Friday, live on Sky Sports 5 HD from 7pm. Also See: ATP schedule Tennis on Sky Latest scores Get a NOW TV pass Video Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Nieuws Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: