Pukkelpop Forum Forum Pukkelpop Forum Forum
Leve Pukkelpop buiten het Pukkelpopseizoen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

back-to-back in this league,

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Nieuws
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212
Shelteropener

BerichtGeplaatst: 22-12-2018 04:46:33    Onderwerp: back-to-back in this league, Reageren met citaat

OAKLAND, Calif. Authentic Andre Roberson Jersey . -- As if Tommy Milone needed any more pressure on him after the Oakland Athletics lost his first five starts, the team sent struggling Dan Straily to Triple-A Sacramento before the game -- sending a message that he could be next one bumped from the rotation. Milone responded with one of the best outings of his young career. The lefty tossed eight innings of two-hit ball for his first win of the season, and three teammates homered to power the As past the Washington Nationals 8-0 on Friday night. "I think maybe a little bit of a vote of confidence that it wasnt him (sent down)," As manager Bob Melvin said. Brandon Moss homered and had three RBIs, and Yoenis Cespedes and John Jaso each hit a solo shot to back Milones gem. Milone (1-3) struck out seven and walked three, leaving after 108 pitches. Milone said he didnt look at the clubs move to demote Straily instead of him as any kind of boost. Instead, he said he embraced the chance to pitch under pressure. "I think just the energy level, I felt lifted -- just grab the ball, get on the mound and throw it," Milone said. Fernando Rodriguez pitched a scoreless ninth in his first appearance in the majors since October 2012 after rehabbing from elbow ligament replacement surgery. Moss and Cespedes homered on consecutive pitches in the fifth as the AL West-leading As foiled Doug Fisters season debut. Fister (0-1) allowed nine hits and seven runs in 4 1-3 innings. He struck out two and walked none. "Physically, I felt like I was in the right place," Fister said. "I felt strong. It was lack of execution." The biggest trouble Milone faced came in the seventh, when he struck out Danny Espinosa with runners on first and second to end the inning. It was the first time Milone, who made his major league debut for the Nationals in 2011, completed at least seven innings this season. Milones teammates credited his ability to pitch inside and low in the strike zone. "He was awesome. Thats pretty much all I got," Moss said. "Weve definitely seen that all before from him." Nationals manager Matt Williams was all smiles before the game with Fister back and his rotation finally at full strength. Washington acquired Fister from Detroit during the off-season for left-handers Robbie Ray and Ian Krol and utility man Steve Lombardozzi. The Nationals entered the spring expecting Fister to help fill out the back end of the rotation. But he dealt with elbow inflammation in March and sat out the start of the season because of a strained back muscle. The native of nearby Merced in Californias Central Valley made his Nationals debut in front of several family members at the Coliseum -- though the free-swinging As hitters never allowed him to feel at home. Fister put himself in a jam in the first by overthrowing first baseman Kevin Frandsen on a grounder by Josh Donaldson, who advanced to third on the play -- one of three errors by the Nationals. Moss followed with an RBI single to give the As a 1-0 lead. "When you give them extra outs, youre asking for trouble," Williams said. Most of Oaklands runs, though, came via the long ball: Jaso hit his second home run of the season in the third, Moss hit his sixth homer in the fifth and Cespedes followed with his seventh homer on the next pitch to put the As up 7-0. It was the first time the As hit back-to-back home runs this season. NOTES: An MRI confirmed As CF Coco Crisp has a strained neck, Melvin said. Crisp, who was injured when he crashed into the wall to make a leaping catch in the opener of Wednesdays doubleheader, is day to day. ... The As placed reliever Ryan Cook on the 15-day disabled with a strained right forearm. Cook and Melvin said they dont believe the injury is serious. ... Nationals OF Nate McLouth is expected to start Saturday after cutting his right hand while making a diving catch in foul territory Monday. ... RHP Sonny Gray (4-1, 1.91 ERA) goes for the As on Saturday against Nationals RHP Tanner Roark (2-1, 4.17 ERA). Authentic Shawn Kemp Jersey .com) - Australian Open champion Li Na, former Wimbledon winner Petra Kvitova and former world No. Authentic Russell Westbrook Jersey .Y. -- The New York Islanders were merely content with a lopsided victory. http://www.cheapthunderjerseysauthentic.com/ . MLB.com reported that the Dodgers locked the left-hander in for one year at $10 million with up to $4 million in incentives.CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Gerald Henderson didnt tinker with his shot after making just 31 per cent from the field in his first four games this season. "I started out the first three games horribly shooting-wise, but looking at my shots with Coach, I shot all good shots -- shots that I regularly shoot -- they just werent falling," Henderson said. That all changed Wednesday night. Henderson broke out of his mini-slump with a season-high 23 points, and the surprising Charlotte Bobcats defeated the Toronto Raptors 92-90. Henderson had made only 15 of 49 shots in the first four games since signing an $18 million, three-year contract in the off-season. But he hit six of his first seven against Toronto and finished 10 of 17 from the field. Bobcats coach Steve Clifford never lost faith in Henderson. "Everything he does on the floor makes sense to me, on both ends of the floor," Clifford said. "Hes a prideful guy and he wants to win. Hes not going to blow a set. Everything hes supposed to do, he does." Michael Kidd-Gilchrist scored 14 points to help the Bobcats win on back-to-back nights. They beat the Knicks in New York on Tuesday. Second-year guard Jeffery Taylor continued to give the Bobcats (3-2) quality minutes off the bench, scoring 13 points. Josh McRoberts added 13 points and five assists. Rudy Gay led the Raptors with 20 points. Jonas Valanciunas had 12 points and 10 rebounds. The Raptors had a chance to steal this one. They were trailing 92-90 when DeMar DeRozan drove the lane, but his shot was rejected by Bismack Biyombo and the Bobcats grabbed the loose ball with 27 seconds remaining. "I should have tried to be more aggressive," DeRozan said. "At least tried to make the ref make the call. Ill take that. Im kind of upset at myself for that decision, that I tried to kind of shy away from the contact." Toronto didnt foul the Bobcats on their final possession, and when Hendersons long 3-pointer hit off the rim there wasnt enough time for Toronto to corral the loose ball and call timeout. "Yeah, I was surprised" they didnt call timeout, Henderson said. Authentic Steven Adams Jersey. The Bobcats have won five straight home games dating to last season. Charlotte shot 75 per cent from the field in the first quarter to build a 32-18 lead. Henderson led the way, knocking down six jumpers in the opening 10 minutes, most of those around the top of the key. The Raptors appeared to be playing off Henderson, daring him to shoot. The former Duke star responded again and again, going 7 of 10 from the floor in the first half. "Our approach in the first quarter was very unlike us," Raptors coach Dwane Casey said. "We did not play the way we did the last three quarters. This is a great learning lesson for us. Never leave winning the game to the last couple of possessions." Charlotte cooled off considerably in the second quarter and the Raptors fought back to tie it 53-all at halftime behind nine points from Tyler Hansbrough and a pair of 3-pointers from DeRozan. With Kidd-Gilchrist on the bench with five fouls, Taylor and McRoberts picked up the slack in the third. After blowing a 16-point first-half lead, Charlotte got a boost from McRoberts, who turned the momentum of the game with a solid stretch that included a dunk, a 3-pointer and two no-look passes for easy baskets. The Raptors struggled at times with turnovers, committing 13 that led to 18 Bobcats points. Kemba Walker, who came in averaging more than 18 points per game, had a quiet night. He played after an MRI on his shoulder Wednesday revealed no damage from a collision Tuesday night with Metta World Peace. Walker finished 2 of 13 from the field for five points but said after the game his shoulder felt fine. "Anytime you can win a back-to-back in this league, thats never easy," Clifford said. "This is a good win." NOTES: The Bobcats played again without centre Al Jefferson, their top free-agent pickup. He is nursing an ankle injury. ... Henderson has scored in double digits in 28 of his last 29 games for the Bobcats. ... Gay has reached double digits in all five games this season. ... It was Charlottes sixth straight win at home against the Raptors. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Nieuws Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: