Pukkelpop Forum Forum Pukkelpop Forum Forum
Leve Pukkelpop buiten het Pukkelpopseizoen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Milos Raonic emerged as the only Canadia

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Hooptopic
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212
Shelteropener

BerichtGeplaatst: 02-01-2019 04:41:27    Onderwerp: Milos Raonic emerged as the only Canadia Reageren met citaat

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Milos Raonic emerged as the only Canadian winner at the Western & Southern Open on Wednesday after the fifth seed defeated American Robby Ginepri to advance to the third round. Stedman Bailey College Jersey . Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., beat Ginepri in straight sets, 6-2, 6-2. Wimbledon finalist Eugenie Bouchard of Westmount, Que., meanwhile, suffered another hard-court disappointment in losing to Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-4, 3-6, 6-2. Earlier, Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil pushed Roger Federer to a third set before falling to the tournaments second seed. Raonic says he was pleased with his performance, but is looking for improvement. "I felt great after the first match of the week," said the Wimbledon semifinalist. "These were much different conditions than last week at the Rogers Cup. "But I came up with the right mentality and was able to execute well. I wasnt particularly nervous. I knew how Id prepared and what to expect. I was able to break right away and that made things go well form the beginning." Bouchard played in her first tournament since Wimbledon last week, losing her first match at the Rogers Cup in Montreal. She said Kuznetsova was a "tough opponent." "I think Svetlana was pretty solid," she said. "For me, you know, its still a work in progress." She said the time off did contribute to the result. "With all the time I took off and everything it would kind of be a long journey back to get back to where I was and to get better than that," she said. "But I feel better this week than last week, so thats a positive. Its all about moving forward." Federer, third in the ATP world rankings, is coming off an appearance in the finals of the Rogers Cup in Toronto. Federer lost that match to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. The Swiss tennis star beat Pospisil 7-6 (4), 5-7, 6-2 in the second-round match on centre court to become the only man to reach 300 wins at the Masters 1000 level in mens singles. Pospisil beat Radek Stepanek in the first round in Cincinnati a week after losing his opening match at the Rogers Cup. He had 33 winners and 37 unforced errors against Federer. Pospisil played tough against Federer, forcing a tiebreaker that he ultimately lost on a forehand error. Pospisil secured the second set when Federer missed on a forehand cross-court. The third set was all Federer, with Pospisil broken twice on the way to the loss. "Any time you play Roger, there is always extra tension," said Pospisil. "Ive always looked up to him so much. I was tense in the first set and that claimed a lot of energy. "In the second I played better but in the third a couple of points made the difference." Pospisil also pointed to his heavy playing schedule at Cincinnati as a problem. "I had heavy legs at that point, maybe I was paying the price for the first set," he said. "I had five sets form singles and doubles the day before. "I was missing some pop in my serve and he played well when he needed to." Geno Smith College Jersey . The Canucks figured to be active prior to Wednesdays trade deadline, getting a jump on things the previous day when they dealt goaltender Roberto Luongo to the Florida Panthers for netminder Jacob Markstrom and forward Shawn Matthias. David Sills V College Jersey . A judge had summoned Clemens and Brian McNamee to federal court in Brooklyn for settlement talks aimed at heading off a trial in the defamation case. McNamees lawyer emerged saying an agreement wasnt likely. "I think this is a case where the lines are deeply drawn in the sand," said attorney Richard Emery. http://www.cheapwestvirginiajerseys.com/ . Fans holding laudatory signs started showing up at Yankee Stadium when the gates opened at 4 p.m. Monday, an hour early in order to give them a chance to watch the New York captain take batting practice.LONDON - Saido Berahino was rewarded for his prolific form for West Bromwich Albion by earning a first call-up by England on Thursday, while winger Theo Walcott is back despite playing only 10 minutes for Arsenal after a 10-month injury absence.There were also recalls for midfielders Ross Barkley, Stewart Downing and Michael Carrick ahead of Englands European Championship qualifier at home to Slovenia on Nov. 15 and a friendly against neighbour Scotland in Glasgow three days later.Captain Wayne Rooney was included in a 26-man squad and is set to make his 100th appearance for England against Slovenia.The Burundi-born Berahino is the top-scoring English player in the Premier League with seven goals in 10 matches, and his goals have also helped Englands under-21 team into next summers European Championship.England manager Roy Hodgson said he only hadnt called up Berahino earlier because of his importance to the under-21s.Theres no reason to pass over his credentials yet again, Hodgson said. Im sure Saido will come wanting to play, but he faces stiff competition and he understands that. Hes not just there for the learning process.Walcott only returned to action last weekend from damaged cruciate knee ligaments after careful rehabilitation at Arsenal. Hodgson sees Walcott as a key member of his attack but may not select him in the upcoming games.He is continuing with a fitness program that we will have to make certain that we do during the time he is with us, Hodgson said. We have given him and his club the guarantee that we will do that. (Arsenal manager) Arsene (Wengger) is happy for us to take him. Andrew Buie College Jersey. .Daniel Sturridge — Rooneys first-choice partner up front — is still missing with a calf injury and Hodgson never entertained the idea of selecting the striker after a call to Liverpool enquiring about Sturridges fitness wasnt returned by manager Brendan Rodgers.Ive left a message for Brendan — the message was that its pretty obvious that (Sturridge) is not fit, Hodgson said, and Brendans not rung back to counter that he actually is.Liverpool right back Glen Johnson was overlooked, perhaps signalling the end of his international career with Hodgson preferring youngsters Calum Chambers and Nathaniel Clyne.England is top of Group E in qualifying for Euro 2016 after opening with three straight wins. Slovenia is second on six points.___England:Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City).Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling (both Manchester United).Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Stewart Downing (West Ham), Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana (both Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham), Jack Wilshere, Theo Walcott (both Arsenal).Forwards: Rickie Lambert (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Welbeck (Arsenal), Saido Berahino (West Bromwich Albion). Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Hooptopic Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: