Pukkelpop Forum Forum Pukkelpop Forum Forum
Leve Pukkelpop buiten het Pukkelpopseizoen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Derek Jeter has gone opposite field so many times

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Offtopic
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212
Shelteropener

BerichtGeplaatst: 12-01-2019 06:14:24    Onderwerp: Derek Jeter has gone opposite field so many times Reageren met citaat

BOSTON -- Derek Jeter has gone opposite field so many times in his career that it came as no surprise when his soft liner found Fenway Parks grass along the right-field line. Hydro Flask Clearance . Jeter had a key two-run double, Mark Teixeira hit a solo homer and New Yorks bullpen worked 4 1-3 solid innings, leading the Yankees to a 6-4 victory over the Boston Red Sox on Saturday. Coming into Fenway with its Green Monster looming in left, the Yankees star shortstop even finds himself caught up in the temptation of pulling a pitch despite a large right-field area. "I think its probably the complete opposite because I try to hit the wall and it screws me up for a couple of days," Jeter said, smiling, when asked if Fenways right field fits his swing. "No, I dont think it helps me. I wish it did." Stephen Drew, acquired from the Red Sox on Thursday, added an RBI double as the Yankees won for just the second time in six games. Mike Napoli had a two-run homer for the Red Sox, who won the series opener but have dropped nine of 11. Yoenis Cespedes, acquired from Oakland before Thursdays non-waiver trade deadline for left-hander Jon Lester and outfielder Jonny Gomes, made his Red Sox debut and went 1 for 4 with a single. Shawn Kelley (2-3) pitched 1 1-3 innings of hitless relief for the win and David Robertson got the final three outs for his 28th save. Four Yankees relievers held the Red Sox to one run. Allen Webster (1-1) couldnt overcome his wildness and was pulled after giving up four runs and six walks in 2 2-3 innings. "It was clear he lost command of the strike zone," Boston manager John Farrell said. "While theres plenty of stuff in terms of fastball action, swing and miss to his changeup, the ability to make adjustments -- whether pitch to pitch or hitter to hitter -- was elusive." Trailing 3-0 in the third, the Yankees capitalized on five walks by Webster to score four runs on two hits. Jeter sliced his drive for a double, Carlos Beltran had an RBI single and Jacoby Ellsbury a run-scoring grounder. "When you get the bases loaded with no outs without a hit, you have to take advantage of it," New York manager Joe Girardi said. Teixeiras homer cleared the Green Monster seats to make it 5-3 in the fifth. Drew doubled in the seventh. Boston had taken a 3-0 lead on Napolis homer and Christian Vazquezs RBI single. TRAINERS ROOM Yankees: RHP Michael Pineda is scheduled to throw around 65 pitches Sunday in a rehab outing at Triple A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Beltran hasnt played in the field since July 5 due to a bone spur in his right elbow, and the acquisition of Prado at the deadline means he will likely stay at DH indefinitely. Red Sox: Catcher David Ross was placed on the 15-day disabled list with plantar fasciitis in his right foot. Farrell said outfielder Shane Victorino, on the 15-day DL with a strained lower back, is expected to see an orthopedic surgeon in Los Angeles early this week. Infielder Kelly Johnson is expected to play two rehab games later this week. ON DECK Yankees: Right-hander David Phelps (5-5, 3.89 ERA) is coming off his worst start in over a month when he faces Boston in the series finale Sunday night. Red Sox: Right-hander Clay Buchholz (5-7, 5.87 ERA) looks to rebound from consecutive losses after giving up 11 runs over 11 innings. TRADING PLACES Good friends Johnson and Drew didnt just get swapped for each other. They swapped a uniform number, locker and maybe living places, too. "Its bizarre. After it happened we were texting each other," said Johnson, who now occupies Drews old locker in Bostons clubhouse. "I ended up going over his place, seeing his wife and kids. My family is in town. We played together in Arizona. But we might just make a clean trade, you know, places, numbers, everything." But Drew cant get No. 7 with New York. Its retired and was worn by Mickey Mantle. MENTAL LAPSE Drew wandered off second and was walking toward the dugout when Francisco Cervelli swung and missed. Problem was: it was only the second strike. He was tagged out trying to dive back to second for the final out. Hydro Flask Cheapest . Louis Cardinals won the World Series last season, but after losing first baseman Albert Pujols to free agency and manager Tony LaRussa to retirement, they opened the 2012 season in 12th spot in the TSN. Wholesale Hydro Flask Water Bottle .com) - Devin Booker scored 19 points and top-ranked Kentucky put on a defensive clinic in an 83-44 obliteration of UCLA in the CBS Sports Classic. http://www.wholesalehydroflask.com/ . The underachieving franchise finished 17th in the 19-team league with a 6-17-11 record this season. "Our soccer team is absolutely in complete disarray," said Leiweke, drawing laughs during an Empire Club luncheon speech about the future of MLSE teams and plans to improve them.Melbourne, Australia (SportsNetwork.com) - Former U.S. Open champion Juan Martin del Potro has withdrawn from the upcoming Australian Open because of a wrist injury. Del Potro had wrist surgery last March and missed the remainder of the 2014 season. He made his 2015 debut in Sydney and reached the quarterfinals, but on Sunday saaid the wrist was again bothering him. Wholesale Hydro Flask. Its been hurting the last couple of days and weeks, said del Potro. Nothing new. Nothing dangerous. But I think my wrist is not ready for play in this important tournament. The 2009 U.S. Open champ was set to play Jerzy Janowicz in the first round on Tuesday. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Offtopic Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: