Pukkelpop Forum Forum Pukkelpop Forum Forum
Leve Pukkelpop buiten het Pukkelpopseizoen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

MINSK, Belarus -- Joel Ward knows who he is and who he isnt.

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Vragen & Advies
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212
Shelteropener

BerichtGeplaatst: 14-02-2019 04:21:48    Onderwerp: MINSK, Belarus -- Joel Ward knows who he is and who he isnt. Reageren met citaat

MINSK, Belarus -- Joel Ward knows who he is and who he isnt. John Franklin-Myers Jersey . "Im not going to go out there and be Ovi," he said. "I know what Im doing. Its not complex." Its not complex: Ward is just Team Canadas leading scorer through three games at the world hockey championship. With three goals hes actually tied for the tournament lead and has the same amount as Russian star and Washington Capitals teammate Alex Ovechkin. Ward doesnt have Ovechkins release or his accuracy, but the 33-year-old is no slouch, either. His 2013-14 NHL season included a career-high 24 goals, which was just the ticket to get him his first-ever international experience for Canada. Brad Pascall of Hockey Canada said assistant general manager Ron Hextall watched Ward play this past season and the group deciding on this team figured hed be a nice fit after the strong season he had. It was good for Ward to get noticed but even better for him to find some more self-appreciation of his offensive game. "Ive always believed in my abilities and never told myself I couldnt," the Toronto native said Tuesday. "My first year in Nashville I had 17 and I had some power-play time there, so I knew I could be a 20-goal scorer in the National Hockey League. It was just finding that spot and the right atmosphere and environment. This year I kind of got my spirits back up, my confidence back up to do so." Ward called it a season of "rejuvenation," crediting Capitals coach Adam Oates for changing the curve and length of his stick blade and teaching him more about how to play in front of the net. The reward was 24 goals and 25 assists, and those 49 points were third on Washington behind only Ovechkin and Swedish Olympian Nicklas Backstrom. Ward was never ever close to being considered for the star-studded Sochi team, but when he got the call to represent Canada at the world championships, he was thrilled just to have the chance. "When I first got the call, I said this was like my Olympics," he said. "First time to ever put a Canada jersey on. I grew up as a kid watching international hockey my whole life. When I got the call I was pretty excited to just be part of it. Im trying to make the most of it." So far, so good. Ward scored twice against Slovakia and then once against the Czech Republic. His three goals and four points lead Canada, which is 2-0-1 going into Thursdays game against Denmark. "Hes really come along as a player, and even in this tournament, too," Capitals and Team Canada teammate Troy Brouwer said. "Hes very opportunistic." What coach Dave Tippett likes about the six-foot-one, 221-pound right-winger is that he scores the kind of goals that are necessary in international play. "He scores hard goals -- hard goals in front of the net, good quick shots," Tippett said. "Hes a hard player. Everybody thinks this is the big ice and its all flow and away from (the net). You look where our goals are being scored right now: A lot of them are right in front of the net. Hes a player that can get in there and muck around a little bit. ... Go hard to the net and be willing to get into a battle to score. Thats what he does." Wards first goal of the tournament was a perfect tip of a point shot by Jason Garrison. His two others were sharp shots that Washington linemate Jason Chimera didnt think many goaltenders in the world could stop. But its not necessarily his shot but how he gets those opportunities that makes Ward fit for the big ice surface. Hes admittedly not the swiftest guy but takes pride in creating space and not making mistakes. "I just try to play good, two-way hockey, and if I get a chance on the offensive side, try to make plays for my linemates," Ward said. "Just keeping it simple is something key for me and try not to be no hero and be something Im not. I just want to get pucks down deep and puck possession is very key. Fortunate to get a couple good bounces and playing with some good linemates." Ward is likely to continue playing on Canadas fourth line with Jonathan Huberdeau and Sean Monahan moving forward, but he could get some better scoring chances on the power play. Even though only six of his 24 goals this past season came in that role, getting that extra ice time is why he thinks hes a better scorer than he was even two years ago when he had a 40-game drought. "You get more opportunity to play, right? So the more you play, the more opportunity you get," he said. "If you can kind of get that opportunity and capitalize a bit, then you get more positive results, obviously, and you get more ice time and you get rewarded." Being at the world championships is Wards reward for such a strong season in Washington. Its also his first trip to Europe. "Im usually just a beach guy," Ward said, smiling. "I like to sit in the sand a little bit and have a pina colada, so this is kind of a new experience, new territory for me. Thank God Im here, and Im thankful for being here and getting an opportunity to do this." Along the way, hes giving Canada the opportunity to win games and move past an opening shootout loss to France. Count at least Brouwer and Chimera among those not surprised and also pumped to see Ward playing and producing like this. "It couldnt happen to a better person," Chimera said. "Hes a great human being and everyone likes him. When he has success, the team has success, too, because the team just feeds off that kind of guy." Aqib Talib Rams Jersey .A. Happ? Happs seven wins are second on the staff to Mark Buehrles 10. Win-loss record is an antiquated stat, sure, but win total is generally an indication of a pitchers ability to work deep into games, enough to be personally affected by the result. Ndamukong Suh Jersey .Voegele will next play Anna Schmiedlova of Slovakia, who saved 10 of 16 break points to defeat Annika Beck of Germany 7-6 (6), 6-4.Also, Marina Erakovic of New Zealand defeated eighth-seeded Caroline Garcia of France 6-2, 4-6, 6-4. http://www.ramsrookiestore.com/Rams-John-Kelly-Jersey/ . LOUIS -- To stay a step ahead of goaltenders, T.VANCOUVER - Andrew Harris showed Thursday night what he can do when he gets mad. Harris ran for 103 yards and a touchdown as B.C. beat the Toronto Argonauts 24-16. That gave the Lions a win at the home opener of their 60th season before a crowd of 25,255 at B.C. Place Stadium. Harris atoned for a poor showing in B.C.s (1-1) season-opening loss in Calgary a week earlier. He also caught six passes for 49 yards. "I wanted to bounce back, and I felt like I did," said Harris, who only rushed for 20 yards in Week 1. "It was definitely disappointing last week, so this week was huge for me." The Argos dropped to 1-1 as they remained winless in Vancouver since 2002. Toronto hasnt started a season 2-0 since 1997. Harris helped the Lions rack up 396 yards in net offence while they allowed a modest 242. "I felt like we were pretty consistent moving the ball," said Harris. "When we needed to score, we got those points in." B.C. quarterback Travis Lulay completed 20 of 34 passes for 249 yards and a touchdown. Toronto QB Ricky Ray was good on 28 of 39 pass attempts for 215 yards, and ran for a meaningless touchdown in the games final minute. "They played a good game and, offensively, we just really couldnt get anything started and couldnt keep anything going," said Ray. "When we didnt have a chance, we just didnt make the plays." Lulay praised Harris for delivering a "phenomenal" performance after struggling a week earlier. The QB said Harris helped the Lions maintain momentum, although they still need to work on getting the ball into the end zone more often. "Last week, he was disappointed," said Lulay. "Hes a competitor, he wants to contribute. "So it was huge for us and huge for him to get him going. You see what happens when we get our run game going and Andrew gets some balls out of the backfield. Thats what makes our offence go." Controversial defensive lineman Khalif Mitchell played his first game against B.C. after being traded to the Argos in the off-season. He and his linemates applied steady pressure on Lulay, but the Lions quarterback eluded it most of the time as B.C. led from start to finish despite a scare late in the fourth quarter. The Argos only managed one sack, by Mitchell, and his late needless roughing-the-passer penalty set up a fourth-quarter Harris touchdown after Toronto had reduced its deficit to 17-9. "Especially early in the football game, they challenged us, and I thought our offensive line really answered the bell really well," said Lulay. "Most of those times I did get hit, it was because they outnumbered us. "So hats off to the offensive line. They took a lot of heat after last week. They wanted to play better, and I thought they really did." Instead of Mitchell and company, it was the B.C. defence that shined, even after linebacker Adam Bighill, a CFL all-star in 2012, left the game with an injury in the third quarter after an Argo fell on the back of his leg. B.CC. Custom Los Angeles Rams Jerseys. limited Toronto to three field goals until the game was decided. "They did a good job of keeping a lot of things in front of them," said Ray. "I felt like I was checking the ball down quite a bit, and they just did a good job rallying up and tackling." The game featured two replacement kickers, who accounted for much of the scoring as Hugh ONeill filled in for injured B.C. kicker Paul McCallum. McCallum is out with a groin injury suffered in the warmup before the first pre-season game. The Argos Noel Prefontaine substituted for Swayze Waters after he injured his groin on a convert attempt in Week 1. Like his Toronto counterpart, ONeill kicked three field goals, and earned a single off a miss. B.C.s lone touchdown came as Lulay hit Courtney Taylor with a six-yard strike to open the scoring nine minutes into the first quarter. The scoring play was set up by Lulays 43-yard pass to a wide open Nick Moore two plays earlier. Moore had a strong night, recording six receptions for 107 yards. ONeill accounted for the rest of the B.C. scoring as the Lions took built a 13-0 lead and enjoyed a 14-3 advantage at halftime. Trailing 17-3, the Argos finally caught a pair of breaks as Jalil Carter intercepted a Lulay pass in B.C. territory late in the third quarter and Janzen Jackson blocked an ONeill punt early in the fourth quarter. But on both occasions, the Argos had to settle for field goals. Torontos comeback stalled after Lions defensive back Korey Banks recovered a Ray fumble after B.C.s Eric Taylor stripped the ball away from the Argos quarterback as he being swarmed by B.C. defenders in the pocket. Then Mitchells temperamental ways came back to haunt him — and the Argos. The former Lion was penalized as he hit Lulay well after the play, giving B.C. a first-and-goal situation. One play later, Harris, who had been critical of Mitchell and tweeted "good riddance" after he was traded, scampered four yards up the middle into the end zone, staking the Lions to an insurmountable 24-9 lead. "I was out in the flat, and I just saw a bunch of guys scuffling it up," said Harris. "But thats what Khalif does, so its not really surprising if it was him." Mitchell showed no emotion towards the penalty. "It is what it is," he nonchalantly told reporters. Notes: Bighill was taken to hospital after the game with a suspected broken leg. ... The American and Canadian national anthems were sung to honour the Fourth of July holiday. Sophie Tweed-Simmons, the daughter of actress Shannon Tweed and KISS frontman Gene Simmons, sang both anthems. ... It was the 1,000th game in Lions history. ... Lions centre Angus Reid remained out with a back injury suffered early in training camp. He is on the nine-game injured reserve list, but could return earlier if he recovers in time. ... Lions defensive end Julius Williams, signed as a free agent from Edmonton in the off-season, played his first game after recuperating from pre-season knee injury. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Vragen & Advies Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: