Pukkelpop Forum Forum Pukkelpop Forum Forum
Leve Pukkelpop buiten het Pukkelpopseizoen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

The San Diego Padres think so much of second ba

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> De hoogmis
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212
Shelteropener

BerichtGeplaatst: 19-02-2019 03:55:50    Onderwerp: The San Diego Padres think so much of second ba Reageren met citaat

SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Padres think so much of second baseman Jedd Gyorko that they gave him a hefty raise and hes only 13 games into his second full big league season. Calvin Ridley Falcons Jersey . Gyorkos agreement, announced Monday, is a six-year deal that adds $35 million over five seasons through 2019. It replaces a one-year deal agreed to last month and includes a team option for 2020. San Diego essentially buys out one year of free agency and possibly two. "These contracts make a lot of sense for both sides," general manager Josh Byrnes said. "In this case we potentially buy out two years of free agency. Its rare to do it so early, but Jedd, I think, he answered all the criteria you look at. First of all, character. This guy is a baseball player. I think hes going to be a part of us establishing the kind of winning tradition we want to have here. Hes always hit and hes handled things that have been thrown at him." Gyorko proved himself with a big rookie season, hitting .249 with 23 home runs and 63 RBIs. "I wanted to be a Padre," Gyorko said. "When they came to me and kind of showed the vision of what they have looking forward, its something I want to be a part of. Be a part of a championship team. I think thats what were going to be, hopefully soon, if not, definitely by the end of my contract." Gyorkos previous deal called for $510,900 this year in the major leagues and $294,000 in the minors. The new contract eliminates the lower minor league pay and adds salaries of $2 million in 2015, $4 million in 2016, $6 million in 2017, $9 million in 2018 and $13 million in 2019. San Diegos 2020 club option is at $13 million with a $1 million buyout. The option can escalate a maximum of $2 million, and the buyout can escalate by up to $750,000, based on All-Star appearances and Top 10 MVP finishes by Gyorko between 2014 and 2019. He also gets a suite on the road. "Its good to have the possibility and potential to pencil Jedd into the lineup for a long time," manager Bud Black said. Gyorko, 25, was a second-round pick out of West Virginia in the 2010 amateur draft. While the Padres like Gyorko at second base, he played third base in the minor leagues and could move back to that position if Chase Headley leaves via free agency at the end of the season. Gyorko said hell play wherever the team wants him. "I think he adjusted very well and people didnt realize how good hed be there, so now its a matter of maintaining that level," Byrnes said. "You never know how our rosters going to shape up. We like him at second base. We like the competitive advantage of a second baseman who gives us this much offence. That was part of the attraction on the front end, and for now, Id say thats the way we want it to end up as we go through the contract." "Its a big commitment, but I think Jedd is worth it," Byrnes said. "When you place it through the age 30, 31 view, its a risk we felt was worth taking." The deal was negotiated by agents Sam and Seth Levinson. AP Sports Writer Ronald Blum in New York contributed to this report. Justin Bethel Jersey .C. - Blair Jones scored the eventual winner in the third period as the Abbotsford Heat defeated the Oklahoma City Oil Barons 3-2 in American Hockey League action on Friday. Brandon Fusco Jersey . The Toronto Blue Jays general manager made a series of bold moves that reshaped the club ahead of what would turn out to be a disastrous 2013 campaign. http://www.falconsrookiestore.com/Falcons-Justin-Bethel-Jersey/ . As they are wont to do, the Spurs made things real easy. The Spurs signed Parker to a multi-year contract extension on Friday, ensuring that the six-time All-Star point guard will be in the fold whether Duncan and Ginobili are able to continue their careers or not.MILWAUKEE -- San Diego Padres starter Josh Johnson is scheduled to undergo elbow ligament-replacement surgery for the second time and will miss the entire season. The right-hander, signed in November to an $8 million, one-year contract, was placed on the disabled list before the season began. He strained his elbow during spring training and the Padres initially thought he would be out about one month. Johnson had surgery on his right elbow in the off-season to remove bone spurs. He was examined after the lastest setback by Dr. James Andrews, who performed Tommy John surgery on Johnson in 2007. The 30-year-old Johnson was a two-time All-Star with the Marlins. He was 2-8 with a 6.20 ERA last season with Toronto. "This is a tough oone. Ito Smith Jersey. You know Josh Johnson has been banged up the last couple of years. He was really, really hopeful for this season," Padres manager Bud Black said before the teams game Wednesday night at Milwaukee. San Diego thought Johnson was over his problems following his off-season surgery. Black said Johnson will work hard to return to the mound. "Any time you go in for a second Tommy John surgery, it raises some eyebrows," Black said. "If anyone can come back, it is Josh Johnson." San Diego has also pitchers Cory Luebke and Casey Kelly on the disabled list due to Tommy John surgeries, and right-hander Joe Wieland is on the 60-day DL recovering from right elbow surgery. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> De hoogmis Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: