Pukkelpop Forum Forum Pukkelpop Forum Forum
Leve Pukkelpop buiten het Pukkelpopseizoen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

His blue sweatshirt drenched with beer, Twins m

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Vragen & Advies
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212
Shelteropener

BerichtGeplaatst: 21-02-2019 03:36:55    Onderwerp: His blue sweatshirt drenched with beer, Twins m Reageren met citaat

CLEVELAND -- His blue sweatshirt drenched with beer, Twins manager Ron Gardenhire picked up the boxed bottle of Dom Perignon off his desk and smiled. Jessie Bates III Jersey . "Looks pretty good," he said, admiring the pricey Champagne. "Itll look good on the mantle, unless my wife and I drink it tonight. You just never know." Gardenhire became the 10th manager in major league history to win 1,000 games with the same team on Saturday as Minnesota, staked to an early lead by Brian Doziers homer on the games second pitch, beat the Cleveland Indians 7-3. Following the game, Gardenhire was doused with adult beverages by his players, who wore grey T-shirts that said, "1000 wins ... 67 ejections" on the front and "And Still Counting" on the back. Minnesotas Kyle Gibson limited Cleveland to one run over five innings in his season debut after Dozier led off the game with his homer against Carlos Carrasco. Gardenhire, who has managed Minnesota since 2002, joined Tom Kelly as the only managers in Twins history to reach 1,000 wins. Hes also the fifth active manager to hit the milestone, and he joined a list of managing immortals including Connie Mack, John McGraw, Walter Alston, Tommy Lasorda and Earl Weaver as the only ones to get all 1,000 wins with the same team. In typical fashion, the 56-year-old "Gardy," who has guided the Twins to six AL Central titles, downplayed his accomplishment. "I havent looked at the list," he said. "I kind of stayed away from all that stuff. We were kinda talking about it earlier. I really havent gotten into this very much: How many? Who? Maybe Ill look at it now. "I guess you tip your hat to those guys because I know how hard it is." As he spoke with reporters, Gardenhires cellphone buzzed with a flood of incoming congratulatory texts. One of his daughters called immediately after the game and his wife, Lindsay, was in his office as the Twins celebrated. "My kids and my family are very, very excited," he said. "Theyve been waiting for this." In addition to getting the bottle of bubbly from the Twins and the games lineup card as a souvenir, Gardenhire was also touched by the grey T-shirts, which included a photo on the front of him being thrown out by late umpire Wally Bell, who died of a heart attack in October. "Its really heartwarming because Wally Bell is on the front," Gardenhire said. "Hes a very, very dear friend of mine, so it means an awful lot to have that T-shirt with Wally on there -- and its also a pretty entertaining T-shirt." Before taking the mound, Gibson (1-0) did his usual round of high-fives with teammates and coaches in the dugout before delivering a message to Gardenhire. "I went up to him and said, Hey, lets get it today," said Gibson, who allowed one run and three hits in five-plus innings. "Its exciting to be the guy who is out there for the W but its Gardys W for sure. Its a pretty cool day to be a part of." Gibson made 10 starts as a rookie last season, and the Twins are counting on the 25-year-old to do more after giving him the fifth spot in the rotation. The right-hander worked around four walks -- two in the third, when he escaped a big inning by getting Nick Swisher to ground into a double play. Afterward, Gibson was most pleased about getting Gardenhire his win. "The short time Ive played for Gardy, its been a lot of fun," he said. "Hes fun to play for. Hes a great manager." Indians manager Terry Francona was the last active manager to reach 1,000 wins, and he was more than happy to welcome Gardenhire into the club. "Gardys been doing this for a long time," he said. "Yeah, I guess I wish it would have come in the next series. But hes been good at what he does for a long time. I think that number indicates hes getting old." When reminded that he also has 1,000 wins, Francona quipped: "Im old. Thats why I didnt say too many nice things about it." NOTES: Also on the list of managers with 1,000 wins with the same team are: Mike Scioscia, Kelly, Danny Murtaugh and Red Schoendienst. ... The Twins snapped a seven-game losing streak against the Indians. ... After going 0-for-13 to start the season, Dozier is 3-for-5 with a double and homer in this series. ... Twins OF Oswaldo Arcia was given the day off with a sore right hand. Gardenhire said Arcia injured his hand swinging in the batting cage earlier in the week in Chicago and it flared up during an at-bat late in Fridays game. Billy Price Jersey . So far, so good: Gonzalez has allowed one run through 12 innings this season. His second start came Tuesday night, when he gave up only three singles over six innings to lead the Nationals to a 5-0 victory over the Miami Marlins. Sam Hubbard Bengals Jersey . -- Howie Kendrick had a two-run single in his first game batting leadoff this season, Chris Iannetta hit a pair of RBI singles and the Los Angeles Angels beat Cleveland 6-4 Tuesday night, sending the Indians to their fifth straight defeat. http://www.nflbengalsgearofficial.com/jessie-bates-iii-jersey/ . -- The Los Angeles Clippers chose not to speak publicly about owner Donald Sterling before they faced the Golden State Warriors for Game 4 of their first-round series Sunday.NICE, France -- Defending champion Albert Montanes of Spain and fifth-seeded Dmitry Tursunov of Russia both won in straight sets Monday to move into the second round of the Open de Nice. Montanes beat Matthew Ebden of Australia 6-1, 6-3, while Tursunov defeated Aleksandr Nedovyesov of Kazakhstan 6-1, 6-4. Montanes took a 4-0 lead in the opening set and saved the two break points he faced in the second set. Ebden had seven double-faults. Tursunov did not fface a break point while Nedovyesov dropped serve three times. Custom Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys. Argentine qualifier Leonardo Mayer and Frenchmen Nicolas Mahut and Paul-Henri Mathieu also won their first-round matches. Mayer rallied past Croatian wild-card entry Borna Coric 4-6, 6-3, 6-4, while the sixth-seeded Mahut overcame French qualifier Martin Vaisse 6-7 (4), 6-3, 6-2. Mathieu won the last nine games in his 2-6, 6-4, 6-0 win over compatriot Lucas Pouille. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Vragen & Advies Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: