Pukkelpop Forum Forum Pukkelpop Forum Forum
Leve Pukkelpop buiten het Pukkelpopseizoen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

or even a direct

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Festivals
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Labi1995
Clubopener

BerichtGeplaatst: 28-10-2019 02:41:17    Onderwerp: or even a direct Reageren met citaat

A friend on Twitter sent out a note yesterday asking if anyone had tried the bottle in the image to the left, the Hydrapak Gel Bot. Apparently this bottle allows you to store both fluids and gel in one device (looks like the gel goes in the inner pink/red capsule), which might make hydrating and fueling on the run (or on a bike) a bit more convenient. My only question is how Nike Air Max TN Donne to keep the water cold, but the gel warm enough so that it will flow from the nozzle – I suppose watering the gels down a bit might work. Nike Air VaporMax Womens I’d be interested to hear if anyone has tried the Gel Bot and what their thoughts are.“The reason I really started running was for meditative purposes. I would pick some problem to have in my head while running. Not for the purpose of solving it, but for the purpose of having it bounce around in there. Like when you say you’re going to sleep on it; I’m going to run on it. Then at some point later on, a solution falls out.“The idea that humans should be running with a more midfoot/forefoot strike seems to have taken firm hold in certain segments of the running Nike Air Max 95 Femme community. Although the question of whether midfoot/forefoot striking is actually a more efficient running style, or less likely to Nike Air Max 270 Mens result in injury than heel striking, remains open (in my opinion the science hasn’t fully answered this yet), the major running manufacturers are Nike Air Max 270 Womens racing to put out more “minimalist” shoes that claim to facilitate this type of footstrike.One of the newest “midfoot-forefoot” shoes is the Saucony Kinvara. I haven’t seen the Kinvara in person, but Saucony has engineered the shoe to have a relatively small heel-to-toe drop (the difference in midsole height between the heel and forefoot)which should help those wishing to experiment with a more midfoot-forefoot style of running. That being said, it appears that the Kinvara actually will have a slightly thicker forefoot than most trainers (which are typically www.harmonieverquin.fr around 12mm) – this may be a turnoff for some hard-core minimalist runners who like to be closer to the ground in their shoes, but Nike Air Max 95 Femme might appeal to those looking for a cheaper alternative to running in shoes like those made by Newton (I did a Q&A on midfoot/forefoot running www.braderiekwadijk.nl with Newton Running’s Ian Adamson here). Despite it’s smaller heel, the midsole of the Kinvara still looks fairly cushy (see product photos above and below), which is also frowned upon by minimalist runners. However, the shoe is very light (7.7 oz), looks to be highly breathable, and it’s being classified as a neutral lightweight trainer. So while the Kinvara is not truly minimalist in the style of the Vibram Fivefingers, it looks to be an improvement in some ways over a more traditionally engineered running shoe (smaller heel-toe drop, lightweight, Nike Air Max 95 Femme> etc.).Interestingly, the preview on the Running Warehouse Blog suggests that the Kinvara may be Saucony’s answer to the Brooks Launch, which Nike Air Max 90 Dam is currently one of my all-time favorite shoes (you can read my Brooks Launch review here). I’d be hard pressed to call the Launch a minimalist or midfoot/forefoot shoe, or even a direct competitor to the Kinvara – it weighs in under 10oz, but it still has an 11mm heel-to-toe drop (22mm heel/11mm forefoot according to Brooks) and is probably the least minimalist shoe that I run in regularly (but that doesn’t diminish my highly favorable opinion of it – the Launch did carry me to a marathon PR in Disney!). That being said, if the Kinvara performs as well as the Launch does for me (the Kinvara is lighter and has a lower heel-toe ratio, the Launch has a thinner forefoot at 11mm), then Saucony Adidas Ultra Boost Damen fans are in for a treat.As I mentioned above, my initial take is that this shoe is more like a cheaper alternative to Newtons – it would be www.emilytorino.it interesting to try them out and see how they feel in comparison (I have a pair of Newton Sir Isaac’s that I use sparingly – couldn’t get a good feel for them). I’ve run in Saucony shoes in the past with favorable impressions (I ran my half marathon PR in a pair of now well-worn, out-of-rotation Saucony Fastwitch 2 racers)
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Festivals Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: