Pukkelpop Forum Forum Pukkelpop Forum Forum
Leve Pukkelpop buiten het Pukkelpopseizoen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

ble roadblock, but far from unbeatable. But first things fir

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Forummeet 2011
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212
Shelteropener

BerichtGeplaatst: 17-12-2018 01:25:48    Onderwerp: ble roadblock, but far from unbeatable. But first things fir Reageren met citaat

ST. Michal Kempny Jersey . LOUIS -- Pinch-hitter Jon Jay wasnt choosy when he came up to bat for the Cardinals in the eighth inning. Jay delivered a two-run double on the first pitch and right fielder Shane Robinson threw out the potential tying run at the plate in the ninth to help St. Louis hold off the San Diego Padres 4-3 Thursday night. "I was trying to be aggressive," Jay said. "I wanted something over the plate I could handle. I was able to do that." Jhonny Peralta hit an early two-run homer for the Cardinals, who moved ahead of Pittsburgh into second place in the NL Central. St. Louis remained two games behind division-leading Milwaukee. San Diego had its five-game winning streak snapped and fell to 16-9 since the All-Star break. Trailing by two in the ninth, the Padres loaded the bases with one out against closer Trevor Rosenthal. Pinch-hitter Jake Goebbert came through with an RBI single to right, but Alexi Amarista was cut down at home when he tried to score from second. The replay review lasted 4 minutes, 9 seconds. Padres manager Bud Black then was ejected by plate umpire Bob Davidson for continuing to argue the call. "You saw two major league players react to a play that indicated that a tag was missed," Black said. "You saw their catcher go back and try to tag our runner because he knew he missed him. You saw our player react knowing that he wasnt tagged. So you saw two experienced major league players react to a play that they both knew wasnt a tag. "Thats whats frustrating to us." Cardinals catcher A.J. Pierzynski, who entered in the ninth, disagreed. "I thought I got his arm," Pierzynski said. "I couldnt hear Bob. It was a big play in the game for sure. I couldnt see the umpire who was behind me. You just go. You hope they stay with the call. I think they got it right." After a four-pitch walk to Will Venable loaded the bases again, Rosenthal struck out Tommy Medica for his 36th save in 40 opportunities. San Diego reliever Alex Torres (1-1) thought he struck out Tony Cruz leading off the eighth, but it was ruled Cruz foul-tipped the ball. Replays appeared to show Cruz missed the pitch. Given another chance, Cruz singled on the next delivery. "I definitely fouled it," Cruz said. "I knew I foul-tipped it. I saw him (Davidson) looking at the first base umpire (John Tumpane) and he called it that way, too." Pinch-hitter Daniel Descalso walked on four pitches and Matt Carpenter loaded the bases with a single. Nick Vincent entered to face Jay, who went after the first pitch and drove a one-hop double off the wall in centre to snap a 2-all tie. Jay is 5 for 17 with three RBIs as a pinch hitter. He has a six-game hitting streak with seven RBIs. "It was a good feeling. You just want to contribute if youre not playing," Jay said. "You want to stay ready so if your number gets called you can go out there and contribute." The move by manager Mike Matheny paid off. "A huge hit for us. Hes been swinging the bat well," Matheny said. "Hes had a nice season for us." Seth Maness (4-2) earned the win with one spotless inning of relief. Peralta hit his 16th home run to drive in Matt Adams, who led off the second with a single. That lifted Peralta into a tie with Edgar Renteria (2000) and Daryl Spencer (1960) for the St. Louis single-season record for home runs by a shortstop. The Padres tied the score with two runs in the sixth after loading the bases with none out. Venable scored on a fielders choice. Medica, who had doubled, came home when Rymer Liriano beat out an infield single with two outs. Both starters went seven innings. Cardinals right-hander John Lackey improved on his last start in Baltimore that resulted in nine earned runs over five innings. Lackey allowed five hits and two runs with five strikeouts. Eric Stults gave up two runs and four hits for San Diego. Stults has allowed three or fewer earned runs in nine of his last 10 starts. TRAINERS ROOM Padres: 1B Yonder Alonso was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained forearm, retroactive to Wednesday. San Diego recalled INF Jace Peterson from Triple-A El Paso. Cardinals: Adam Wainwright had a familiar catcher for his bullpen session in Yadier Molina. On July 11, Molina had surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb. Molina wore a brace on the thumb. He had yet to throw a ball or hold a bat without wearing the brace. ... Relief pitcher Jason Motte (strained lower back) is eligible to come off the disabled list Sunday, but he wont be ready. UP NEXT San Diego RHP Tyson Ross (11-10, 2.63 ERA) faces St. Louis RHP Lance Lynn (12-8, 2.97) in the second game of the four-game series Friday. STUMBLING ROOKIE Cardinals rookie Oscar Taveras was not in the lineup. Taveras went 2 for 20 on the recent six-game road trip, and his batting average dropped to .206. Robinson started in right. He made a running catch and used his bare hand to brace himself at the wall on a first-inning drive by Medica. Washington Capitals Gear . -- Maple Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf has been suspended two games for his hit from behind on Kevan Miller of the Bruins. Alex Ovechkin Jersey .com) - Winnipeg Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien, Detroit Red Wings forward Tomas Tatar and New York Islanders right wing Kyle Okposo were named the NHLs players of the week on Monday. http://www.officialcapitalsfanstore.com/authentic-tom-wilson-capitals-jersey/ . The Kelowna, B.C. rink made the announcement on their facebook page on Thursday night.PARIS – Eugenie Bouchard could downplay expectations. Nobody would blame her. Shes only 20-years-old after all and playing in just her second French Open. But when asked what would need to happen to make her campaign at Roland Garros this season a success, Canadas rising star doesnt hold back. "To win it," Bouchard said, her own boldness yielding a laugh. But, make no mistake, she is dead serious. "I always expect high things of myself and Ive been working so hard for so many years that nothing is a real surprise to me and I have big ambitions in tennis. I want to achieve great things." Bouchard certainly isnt lacking confidence. She showed that during a magical run to the Australian Open semifinals in January. But Bouchard has a specific reason to have a hop in her step these days. On Saturday, she beat Karolina Pliskova in the championship match of the Nuremberg Cup, earning her first career WTA title. "Just so happy," said Bouchard describing the emotions in the moments after match point. "To go to a city and leave and not lose a match and win all the matches is something special." Bouchard almost didnt play in the tournament. Most top players will not travel to an event in the week before a grand slam choosing instead to rest, practice and arrive at the venue early. But after disappointing first-round straight-set losses at tune-up events in Madrid (v No. 3 Agnieszka Radwanska) and Rome (v No. 61 Francesca Schiavone) Bouchard was convinced that playing more was the best way to prep for the seasons second major. "We were debating whether to even come to Nuremberg and I said, You know what? I want to play matches. I want to keep trying and keep working. We got here early and practiced. It was pretty cold early in the week, it was tough practices, tough conditions, but I kept working hard and Im proud of myself for that. When you work hard good things happen. I think thats what happened this week." That Bouchards first career championship came on clay is a bit of a surprise. It is not her favourite surface. "My game is prretty aggressive, so I like to step in and control the point and the clay just slows it up a little bit, but its a good thing. Riley Sutter Jersey. It teaches me patience ... sometimes Im not so patient. "It adds different dimensions to your game and if I can perform well on clay it will show myself that I can have a well-rounded game." Last year Bouchards run at the French Open ended in the second round at the hands of eventual finalist Maria Sharapova. It was a tough loss (6-2, 6-4), but one that made the Montreal native stronger. "I think it helps for sure. I got to play on centre court, experienced a rain delay, my match was over two days and its all part of the experience. I always enjoy the chance to play one of the great players and I always learn so much. Ive learned from that match." Bouchard wont have to deal with Sharapova or any other top name early in the tournament this time around. Thats one of the perks of being the 18th seed. Bouchard will open against 86th ranked Israeli Shahar Peer, who has lost all three matches to the Canadian in her career including one in March (6-2, 6-2 in Acapulco). Waiting in the second round should Bouchard advance will be either German Julia Goerges or Portugals Michelle Larcher De Brito. Both are outside the top 100 in the latest rankings. The third round is when things may get tougher as No. 12 Flavia Pennetta would be a formidable roadblock, but far from unbeatable. But first things first: Bouchard needs to get settled in France. One negative repercussion from playing in the week before a slam is that it makes for a tight turnaround. There was a 90-minute flight from Nuremberg to Paris on Saturday night followed by a practice on Sunday. Bouchards match against Peer is set for Monday. Although theres actually a chance the short rest time may be a good thing. "I always like playing matches so, for me, the more I can play the better. I can get in a rhythm of playing competitive matches and I think it gives me extra confidence." Extra confidence? Not a fun thought for those in Bouchards section of the draw. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Forummeet 2011 Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: