Pukkelpop Forum Forum Pukkelpop Forum Forum
Leve Pukkelpop buiten het Pukkelpopseizoen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

ew Hutchison is in a midseason slump. [url=http

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Forummeets
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212
Shelteropener

BerichtGeplaatst: 12-01-2019 06:19:36    Onderwerp: ew Hutchison is in a midseason slump. [url=http Reageren met citaat

NEW YORK – Drew Hutchison is in a midseason slump. Cheap New Balance Sale . It hasnt been pretty lately. He knows it. Theres something hed like to get out of the way. Something hed like us to know, the answer to a question hed like to no longer be asked. Hes not tired. Also, hes healthy. "I wouldnt be on the mound if I wasnt," said Hutchison. "If Im on the mound then Im good to go. Id never put the team in that situation or myself in that situation after what Ive been through, given what I had to go through to get back to where I am now. I certainly wouldnt jeopardize that." When Hutchison first toed the rubber for his July 6 start in Oakland, three outings ago, he was sporting a 3.81 ERA. His ERA for the season now sits at 4.54. There had been some brilliant starts, like his masterful two-hit shutout of the Rangers on May 16 in Arlington and two seven-scoreless efforts (June 3 in Detroit and June 13 in Baltimore). Hed also had his struggles but they wouldnt linger. After those outings hed hear musings about his home-road splits (7.71 ERA in eight home starts; 2.97 ERA in 12 road starts) and hed be asked, including by TSN.ca, whether the inconsistency was a byproduct of a pitcher throwing a large quantity of innings for the first time since undergoing the Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery. Hutchison is a mature kid. Hes poised. When you talk to him, its easy to forget hes only 23 years old. His pitching coach offers a reminder when asked to explain why Hutchison can look dominating in one appearance and anything but in the next. He may be mature but he is a kid. "I just think it still comes down to experience at this level. When you do struggle, how to make those adjustments; sometimes a veteran guy, in a game like the last one, will find a way to get through that," said Pete Walker. "Hes still at a point where he gets frustrated. Hes emotional and he wants to have success and he wants to be out there and he wants everyone to want him out there, which we do. "So I think he puts added pressure on himself right now." In Hutchisons last three starts, all losses, hes allowed 15 earned runs in 13 2/3 innings (9.87 ERA). Hes given up 23 hits and walked seven in that span. Hes coming off the shortest start of his career not interrupted by injury, 2 2/3 innings of work on Monday in a 14-1 loss to Boston. Known as a command guy, that element has eluded Hutchison of late. He explained by first drawing a distinction. "Theres a big difference between command and control. Control is not walking guys; command is commanding the baseball where you want it to be," said Hutchison. "That could be throwing the slider a little bit off the plate, throwing a slider on the plate, throwing it where you want to, commanding the baseball. You can command the baseball and walks guys. I think thats a lot different than control. Controls just throwing it in the box and not walking guys. "To command the baseball to all four quadrants, like I like to do with all my pitches, thats something that wasnt there to where Im capable of having it in my last start." "We still have to continue to refine his slider," said Walker. "His slider at times is probably more of an issue than his fastball, being able to get that in the zone so he doesnt have to be as fine with his heater. The same with his changeup so I think his secondary stuff is still a little bit of a work in progress. I think when the fastball location isnt quite there he has to be able to use his secondary stuff as well to get through those kinds of outings." Hutchison takes the ball on Saturday afternoon at Yankee Stadium, looking to help snap his teams 17-game losing streak in the Bronx. More importantly, a win would pull the Blue Jays back even with New York for second place in the American League East. Another thing he wants you to know: regardless of his relative inexperience and whatever the outcome, he wont be overwhelmed. If hes struggling early, Hutchison knows his fortunes could change in the blink of an eye. "There are times when you know, hey, I need to make a pitch right here," said Hutchison. "Sometimes you can be not making pitches and sometimes you make one pitch and you can get out of it with nothing and then find your rhythm and go seven innings. Thats happened before." SUITING UP Mark Buehrle got the series-opening start in New York on Friday night. On Friday morning, he was the veteran doing good by some of his youngest teammates. Buehrle took Aaron Sanchez, Rob Rasmussen, Todd Redmond, Ryan Goins and Marcus Stroman suit shopping. "I got a nice little double-breasted, its like a silver, its not even a gray, its more like a chrome suit," said Stroman, struggling to describe the colour. "Its pretty fresh." Buehrle was discreet. He handed his mates notes, telling them to meet him in the hotel lobby at 10 oclock on Friday morning. Hed dropped hints in advance the gathering would be for a suit fitting. "Buehrles the man," said Stroman. "Hes got a lot to offer and hes the most down to earth guy for having all the success hes had so its awesome being around him." The practice is common. Two years ago, Ricky Romero and Brandon Morrow took Drew Hutchison for a suit fitting. McGUIRE TRADED A little more than three years after the Blue Jays made him the 11th overall pick of the 2010 draft, Alex Anthopoulos first as general manager, Deck McGuire is out of the organization. The 25-year-old was traded to Oakland on Friday in exchange for cash considerations. McGuire was designated for assignment on July 18 to make room on the 40-man roster for Brad Mills, whod been claimed off waivers from Oakland and who has since been taken off the 40-man roster and demoted to Triple-A Buffalo. New Balance Shoes On Sale .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes hope they now have the leadership tandem in place to turn the franchise around. Discount New Balance Shoes . Jonathan Crompton led the team to a 40-9 win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Crompton threw three touchdown passes - two to Duron Carter and one to Brandon London - and Sean Whyte connected on four field goals to power the Alouettes to the win. http://www.cheapnewbalance.us/ ." Argos general manager Jim Barker uttered those words during an interview with TSN 1050 radio just prior to the CFLs annual free agent frenzy.(SportsNetwork.com) - Thanks to a red-hot offense, the St. Louis Blues take aim at a fourth straight victory on Saturday night in a road matchup with the Colorado Avalanche. The Blues have netted 14 goals over their past three wins, getting a big game from Alexander Steen on Thursday in his return to the lineup. Steen had two goals and an assist in a 6-3 victory over the New York Islanders. Steen had missed the past two games with a lower-body injury and provided an immediate spark. His second tally ignited a four-goal third period that carried the Blues to their seventh victory in 10 games. Steen spent time in Thursdays game skating with David Backes and T.J. Oshie, who had a goal and two assists. I thought (Steen) was real good. I thought that line was real good. Set the tempo early in the game. Set the tempo in the third period, said St. Louis head coach Ken Hitchcock. Barret Jackman added a goal and an assist, while Paul Stastny and Jade Schwartz scored to back Jake Allens 25 saves. St. Louis also saw the return of defenseman Jay Bouwmeester from a groin injury that had held him out of the past eight games. The Blues are looking for their longest winning streak since a season-high seven-game run from Oct. 25-Nov. 6, while the Avalanche hope to make it two wins in a row following a 4-3 shootout win over the Winnipeg Jets on Thursday. Nathan MMacKinnon and Matt Duchene scored on Colorados first two chances in the shootout after Jarome Iginla and Ryan OReilly scored late to tie the game for the Avs. Cheap New Balance Sneakers. OReillys game-tying goal came with 2:42 left in regulation. We didnt let some of the bad breaks deflate us and we kept going until the end, said Duchene, who also had a goal and an assist in regulation. Calvin Pickard made 30 saves, including two huge stops in overtime, before shutting out Winnipeg in the shootout, helping Colorado snap a four-game losing streak (0-3-1). It was exciting. We came back and it would have been nice to win that and I just wanted to be patient, said Pickard. I know guys like MacKinnon and Duchene have some silky hands and they made a couple of nice goals there. I just wanted to be patient and make those saves. The Avalanche will hope for some more big saves tonight seeing as the Blues have won five of the past six meetings overall. That includes a 3-2 shootout victory at home on Nov. 1 in the first of five meetings this season. Joakim Lindstrom had a goal in the second round of the shootout that decided things, while Vladimir Tarasenko scored twice in regulation. OReilly and MacKinnon both had a goal and an assist for the Avs, though OReilly joined Gabriel Landeskog and Duchene as Colorado skaters who failed to convert in the shootout. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Forummeets Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: