Pukkelpop Forum Forum Pukkelpop Forum Forum
Leve Pukkelpop buiten het Pukkelpopseizoen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

BOSTON -- Daric Barton didnt bat and barely got on the field

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Forummeets
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212
Shelteropener

BerichtGeplaatst: 19-01-2019 07:10:18    Onderwerp: BOSTON -- Daric Barton didnt bat and barely got on the field Reageren met citaat

BOSTON -- Daric Barton didnt bat and barely got on the field. Asics Shoes Discount . He still made the game-saving play. Yoenis Cespedes drove in the go-ahead run on an infield single with the bases loaded in the 10th and Barton, playing first, cut down the potential tying run at third in the bottom of the inning as the Athletics averted a three-game sweep with a 3-2 win over the Boston Red Sox on Sunday. "He made a terrific play," Oakland manager Bob Melvin said. "Thats a gutsy play. Thats a play that if the runner gets over, they can win the game with a hit. A gutsy play." Bostons Will Middlebrooks opened the inning with a single and advanced to second on the hit when centre fielder Coco Crisp had the ball bounce away for an error. With Barton playing in, guarding for a bunt, Jackie Bradley Jr. bounced it to first. Barton fired to third, cutting down Middlebrooks. "My whole goal was obviously to get the guy at third whether it was a bunt or a ground ball to me," Barton said. "It feels good. Ive learned to be ready. Anything can happen at any time, but Ive learned to be ready when they call my name and go out there and do my job." Barton came in when Josh Reddick left with a sprained ankle in the ninth. Jim Johnson (3-2) then got Dustin Pedroia to bounce into a game-ending double play. Middlebrooks was somewhat surprised and impressed by the play. "I was breaking off the bat. I didnt know it was to his right, to his left or right at him. Unfortunately it was right at him," he said. "This is the big leagues. People are supposed to make plays like that. Normally you dont see a first baseman that far in, but he made a good play. Hats off to him." Oakland closed a 10-game road trip 5-5 and avoided its second three-game sweep in its last four series. The Athletics were swept at home by Texas April 21-23. "Barton makes a heck of a heads-up play to cut down Will going to third," Boston manager John Farrell said. "Theyre playing in. Hes got to trust in his abilities. He throws a strike across the diamond to cut down Will." A.J. Pierzynski hit a solo homer for the Red Sox, who failed to reach .500 for the first time since the fourth game of the season. Jed Lowrie had a two-out double off Chris Capuano (1-1) and after the bases were loaded with an intentional and regular walk, Cespedes beat out a slow roller to third against reliever Burke Badenhop. Johnson also got a double-play grounder by Jonny Gomes to end the ninth. With the Red Sox trailing 2-1 in the seventh, Pierzynski homered into Bostons bullpen. It could have been worse for the Athletics when right fielder Reddick had trouble with pinch hitter Gomes fly ball in the wind. He was charged with an error, allowing runners to reach second and third with one out. But reliever Fernando Abad got Bradley Jr. out at first on his attempted safety squeeze and Luke Gregerson retired Pedroia. Boston starter John Lackey gave up two runs on five hits in six innings, walking three and striking out four. Oaklands Sonny Gray also pitched six, giving up two runs and six hits, walking two with three strikeouts. Cespedes gave Oakland a 2-1 edge in the sixth with an RBI double off the Green Monster. The Athletics grabbed a 1-0 lead in the first on Brandon Moss two-out RBI single. Grady Sizemores RBI double tied it in the fifth, but Gray escaped a bases-loaded, one-out jam when Bradley bounced into a 1-2-3 double play. In the third, Boston shortstop Xander Bogaerts relay from shallow left cut down Donaldson trying to score. Crew chief Jeff Kellogg requested a replay review to see if catcher Pierzynski was illegally blocking the plate. Replays showed he moved his foot and blocked the corner just before he caught the throw, knocking Donaldsons foot away as it attempted to reach home. The play was upheld. Melvin challenged a call on the first pitch of the game -- when Crisp was called out on a 5-6-3 grounder. Replays were ruled inconclusive. NOTES: Reddick limped off after grounding into a DP. ... Boston DH David Ortiz played in his 1,999th career game. ... The Athletics open a 10-game homestand Monday when left-hander Scott Kazmir (4-0, 2.11 ERA) faces Seattle right-hander Chris Young (1-0, 3.04). ... The Red Sox are off Monday before beginning a two-game series on Tuesday against Cincinnati when lefty Felix Doubront (1-3, 5.70) goes against the Reds Homer Bailey (2-2, 5.50). ... Sizemore went 2 for 2 before being pinch hit for, raising his career average to .321 (59 of 184) against the As, his best against any AL team. Cheap Asics Shoes Sale . Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said. Cheap Asics Shoes Online . Raymond, 31, started 15 regular-season games for the Stamps in 2013, racking up 51 tackles. He also returned two kickoffs for 79 yards including a 61-yarder. http://www.cheapasics.us/ . Hamelin overcame a weak start to win bronze in the 500-metre race behind winner Wu Dajing of China and American J.R. Celski on Saturday at the world short track speed skating championship. GENOA, Italy -- Maxi Lopez scored on his Sampdoria return to give the team a 1-0 victory at bitter rival Genoa in the derby della lanterna on Monday. Lopez is in his second loan spell at Sampdoria and he took less than 24 minutes to mark his debut with a goal. The Argentine played a one-two with Eder before lifting the ball over Genoa goalkeeper Mattia Perin. "Its a new fantastic debut," Lopez said. "I couldnt ask for more. This is a reward for the hard work of the squad and a present for the fans who were at the stadium tonight. "Im happy with the goal, Ive reeturned home. Cheap Wholesale Asics. I have to thank the club for the faith theyve shown in me, I needed consistency and to be back at the top level." Genoa twice had the ball in the back of the net but Luca Antonellis effort four minutes from halftime and Moussa Konates 65th-minute strike were both ruled out for offside. The match was originally scheduled to take place Sunday night but was postponed for security reasons, with the regions biggest market taking place at the same time near the stadium. Sampdoria moved into 13th place in the table, two points behind Genoa. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Pukkelpop Forum Forum -> Forummeets Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: